Monday, July 9, 2012

Piano!

I completely forgot about piano! This past year the kiddo has worked slowly through most of the first DVD from Simply Music. That was an enjoyable introduction to playing the piano without having to learn to read music. I believe it was a good way to go since reading was coming slower for him. We currently have it loaned out to another family, but will probably continue into the second DVD at a later time. It is an enjoyable way to get playing.

But, now that the idea of reading is starting to click, I'd like him to begin learning more about music. Unfortunately, we are not able to do private piano lessons or even buy another home-learning program. But, once again, someone on the SCM forum (I find many things that way) some time ago had recommended a website with free online piano lessons. After browsing around a bit, as far as free programs go, this one looks really good. So, we'll give it a try. It should be easy enough to remember: FreePianoLessons4Kids.com. I will let you know how it goes for us. If you've used it with your family, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment